- Written by Penn Legacy Staff Penn Legacy Staff
- Published: 15 September 2017 15 September 2017
It is Youth Soccer Month and U.S. Youth Soccer has officially kicked off it's 15th year celebrating soccer in America! As stated on usyouthsoccer.org, "The purpose of Youth Soccer Month 2017 is to raise awareness of the game’s many advantages and encourage others to continue enjoying soccer, bringing kids and families together for a national celebration. Youth Soccer Month includes working with local leadership to organize grassroots public affairs campaigns, numerous local events and media relations initiatives."
During each week, Youth Soccer Month will focus on a different theme celebrating soccer. The four messages of Youth Soccer month are:
- Fun: (Week of Sept. 3)
- Whether recreational or competitive in nature, involvement in soccer is easy, affordable and rewarding.
- Family: (Week of Sept. 10)
- Playing soccer ties families together as schedules, vacations and family time are coordinated.
- Friendship: (Week of Sept. 17)
- The relationships generated through playing soccer extend beyond the field.
- Fitness: (Week of Sept. 24)
- The health and fitness (physical, psychological and social) benefits of playing soccer.
Stay connected on www.YouthSoccerMonth.org and social media to see how US Youth Soccer shares the messages of these four themes.