Congratulations Penn Legacy!
Congratulations to the 2013 Challenge Cup U12 Girls Champions - Penn Legacy ‘00 Black team, coached by Linda Lee Hershey…
Congratulations to the boys Penn Legacy '00 White team! Gettysburg Blast second place in division three.
Congratulations to the girls Penn Legacy '00 White team! Gettysburg Blast second place in division three
The Penn Legacy U15F '97 Black Team represented PAE at the 2013 Region I Championships in Rhode Island. They went…
Congratulations to the U12 01 White Girls team for winning the Spirit United Kickoff Classic Silver Division. The girls went…
Congratulations to the 99 White Girls for winning the U13 girls bracket at the 4th Annual Rage Soccer Club Flash…
Congratulations to the ’96 Girls Black Team for a great weekend of soccer. They finished first in their bracket and…
Directors’ Development Program (DDP)
The general essence of the DDP program, and thus of Penn Legacy's U9 and U10 programs, will be one of developing players to be the best they can be, while allowing them to thoroughly enjoy and learn the game in the best possible environment.
We are very proud to participate in the DDP program and providing this special environment for players in our club. Below is the official outline of the DDP.
Directors’ Development Program Information
DDP Mission Statement:
The Directors’ Development Program (DDP) provides a player-centered developmental program that focuses on creating a nurturing, educational soccer environment while concentrating on "what’s best for the players".
Nether United, Rage SC, Spirit United, West Chester United, West-Mont United, YMS & Penn Legacy.
- Provide appropriate competition
- Provide appropriate training to game ratio
- Encourage creative freedom in training & in games
- Create free player movement within clubs
- Reduce fear of failure, by eliminating the pressure of winning games with more emphasis on individual player development
- Reduce the labeling players as “A”and “B” players at such a young age as all players will be registered with US Club & will benefit from the club pass system thus enhancing the development process.
- Appropriate travel to play time ratio
- Clubs will participate in four festivals in the fall & three to four festivals in the spring.
- Game formats will include but not limited to 8 v 8, 6 v 6, 5 v 5, free-play & ability based games.
- Set dates for friendly games which clubs can choose to utilize or not.
- Emphasis on players making decisions on the field by coaches limiting their coaching points to natural stoppages & ensuring the players learn the game as they play.
- Emphasis on keeping the games flowing by limiting the amount of time substitutions are made.
- Emphasis on setting technical goals during games rather than measuring success by results as there will be no scores or standings kept in any DDP event.
What does this mean for Penn Legacy players?
The goal is to develop better all-round, technically sound, and confident young players who have developed a deep love and a better understanding of the game.
What ages participate in the DDP Program?
Both the U9 and U10 teams will be included in the DDP program.
Will there still be black and white teams?
No, as per above we will create a pool of players at each age group and gender. While some events and training will be ability based, not all will. The "rosters" for play days will be fluid.
What will happen at U11?
Teams will be formed into black and white teams and play in competitive travel leagues at U11 as they are now.