Penn Legacy - Rec U10-U19
Spring 2019 - Registration and Program Info
Updates as of 2/4/2019:
- U10 girls is accepting registrations on a waitlist.
Additional coaches and assistants are needed.
- U15 boys Assistant Coach(es) needed.
Monday and or Wednesday availability a must.
- Registration Start Date: Jan 2, 2019
- Registration tentative End Date: February 25, 2019 (or earlier as age groups reach capacity)
- Late Registration Fee - $25 After Feb 11, 2019
Birthday falls between the following dates:
- U10 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2009 - 12/31/2010
- U12 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2007 - 12/31/2008
- U15 Boys and Girls: 01/01/2004 - 12/31/2006
- U19 Coed: 01/01/2000 - 12/31/2003
PENN LEGACY REC PROGRAM - FOR BOYS AND GIRLS U10 - U19
- Two weeknight team practices
- Games on Saturdays (boys) or Sundays (girls)
- U19 will be COED
- Registration fee: $105
- Uniform jersey cost: $20 (if needed - see more info below)
- $25 late fee starting after Monday, February 11, 2019
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY:
Withdrawals made by Feb 1, 2019 will be refunded 100% (less a $5 processing fee).
Withdrawals made by Feb 11, 2019 will result in refund of 50% of registration fee.
Withdrawals made after Feb 11, 2019 will NOT be refunded.
PENN LEGACY REC IMPORTANT DATES
- Coaches are to contact players the week of March 11, 2019
- Practices start the week of 3/25/2019
Bring ball, shin guards and a water bottle. New jerseys will be distributed.
- Games start April 6 for boys and April 7 for girls
- Girls League games begin – Sunday, April 7, 2019
- Girls Festival - June 8 and 9, 2019
- Boys Festival - June 15, 2019
UNIFORM JERSEY POLICY
*Please note the policy for Rec jerseys*
Due to changes in available uniform styles, Rec uniform jerseys are now used for TWO years. This cycle will be from fall, 2017 through spring, 2019. ALL NEW players must purchase a jersey during the registration process if they do not have one from previous seasons. The price for the jersey is $20. If you currently have the Adidas orange jersey first issued Fall 2017 - Fall 2018 you are NOT REQUIRED to purchase a new jersey.
COACHES: RISK MANAGEMENT & TRAINING
Are you interested in coaching? If so, we recently began using a new registration system.
Please go to this page and create an account if you have not previously done so, and then register your interest as a coach.
If you volunteer to coach or assistant coach, you must submit a Risk Management application through EPYSA.
Please be sure to select Penn Legacy as the club, and select the correct season, coaching position and age group.
Click here to open the 2018-19 EPYSA Risk Management Application:
MANDATORY COACHES MEETING: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 7 pm at the WJTL building
A new Pennsylvania Child Protection Law became effective July 1, 2015.
- All adults 18 years and older applying for an unpaid position as a volunteer responsible for the welfare of a child and having direct contact with children, must have clearances that include:
- PA Child Abuse History clearance - $13
- PA State Police Criminal Records Check - $22
- An FBI Criminal Background Check if you have not been a continuous resident of Pennsylvania for 10 years ($33.00)
- Volunteers not requiring an FBI check, and have been a continuous resident of PA for the last ten years must swear or affirm in writing that they have no other convictions that would disqualify them.
- Clearances are required prior to the commencement of service.
- The clearances are good for 60 months. They are portable and may be used with other organizations.
Penn Legacy has determined that all volunteer coaches, assistant coaches, and program volunteers will be reimbursed for their clearance expenses if they have been obtained solely for the purpose of volunteering for Penn Legacy. Attach billing receipts and send to Steve Rempala at firstname.lastname@example.org .
At present, the Child Abuse History Clearance may take 14 days for volunteers. The State Police records check is, or should be, instantaneous. Please plan accordingly.
Penn Legacy Soccer has developed a policy and process to manage this for the many volunteers that are critical to the success of ALL soccer programs.
- Continue to this link for detailed info and instructions
Please check your junk mail folder for communications from your coach or the club if you have a spam filter. Make sure to allow emails from the following addresses, or you might not receive important messages:
- EmailFrom_EPYSAClub@youthleaguesusa.com (Registration confirmation emails, and mass communications - note the reply to email address will be the club sender)
- Rec@pennlegacy.org (Steve Rempala, Rec Registrar)
- email@example.com (Jim Dreyer, Director)
Registration and Uniform fees for Penn Legacy Rec players are purposely kept low in order to make the program accessible to all children. Club sponsors and personal donations are also an important source of revenue to run all programs. However, should the Club choose to run fundraising activities or sales, each family is expected to participate.
Click below to register your child for the 2019 Spring Rec Program.
You will initially be asked to create a family account, with a user name and password. Once this is created, you will then be directed to the player registration page.
On that page, please select “Register Now”, then select Player - 2019 Spring Rec Program – Register Now.
U10 boys is accepting registrations on a waitlist.
Additional coaches and assistants are needed.